Page 1 of 365.

Saturday, December 31, 2016


"And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been" ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

2016. What a year... Don't get me wrong a lot of the world suffered during last year but damn what a journey. But with the new year, there's this fresh energy in the air and it's a great opportunity to make some small or big changes in your life.

Personally, I love change, I love learning new things, I love growing as an individual and I have to say that I kinda like getting older too (although that will probably wear off in a few years). But with the new year of course brings all the New Year's resolutions. However I don't think i like the term "resolutions" (which might be caused by the fact that it reminds me of all those years that I've failed at them). So, I am going to call them... "goals".

Everyone has goals throughout the year, whether that be to get a promotion or reach their desired fitness level. So I thought I would tell you my goals for 2017 and how I am going to make 2017 the best year yet.

FOCUS ON CLOSE RELATIONSHIPS.

Because 2016 was so jam-packed and busy I didn't take a lot of time out to focus on the really close relationships I have made with friends and loved ones. This year however, I want to really give back to everyone in my life because they have all done so much for me and I wouldn't be the person I am today without them. I feel like in today's society it's easy to just text a friend once a week and ask how they are going but this year I want to get back to basics by catching up with close friends every week and going out to dinner or going to see a movie and just spend quality time with them and cherish the moment, which leads me onto my next goal.

LIVE IN THE MOMENT.

My brain never seems to shut off. I am always thinking about something that happened, or something that's going to happen or something that won't even happen but I'll think about it anyway just in case it does happen. It is exhausting and I have learnt that throughout the years I have wasted a lot of opportunities and time that I could have spent living in the moment and having an absolute ball. So this year I would just LOVE to stop thinking and remind myself to be in the moment and exhilarate my senses, and live like this is the last day I will ever get.

DO MORE AND GET OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE.

I must admit I am such a home body, and I also love my quiet time in my room with my computer and Netflix but due to that, I always seem to miss out on the funnest events. In 2016 I was always very busy with school but if someone asked me to do something outside of my comfort zone I would always decline, but this year I will stop worrying about what might happen and just go out and do it. I want to have fun and adventure the world because it is only just getting good!

2017 is a fresh start for everyone, and as the year starts to unfold I want you to remember that you were meant to have an amazing life, even if it doesn't always feel like it. Learn to forgive. Practise gratitude daily. Do the things you love. Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing. Don't complain. Cherish the close people around you. Make mistakes. Learn. Dance (even if it's just you alone, in the kitchen). Smile. Listen to your heart and don't take yourself too seriously. Spread your sparkle. Practise self care, do small things for others, but also for yourself.

Above all, stay focused, but remember to have fun along the way. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments