Note to self...

Tuesday, May 16, 2017




Life is scary sometimes.

One day you wake up feeling like you can take over the whole world, and the next day you wake up feeling like all you want to do is lay in bed and hide from all life's responsibilities.

Over the years I've come to realise that people will walk into your life, they will grab your hand and lead you into the most beautiful path you've been on so far in your life. Yet sometimes the same people will let go of your hand with no warning, and you will be left stranded by yourself in a place where you never thought you would feel lost.

Let's be honest, sometimes everything is going so great and it seems like this time around nothing could go wrong, but right when you start to feel safe, comfortable and happy, something so horrible comes crashing down and all of a sudden more problems come ricocheting around you and you just feel so hopeless because it feels so bad and so frickin' shitty!

It's so hard to understand why such things happen in life, and I personally wish I had an answer to that "why me" you keep asking yourself, but all I can say is that no matter how hard life gets, you have to keep going because I honestly believe that everything that happens in life just brings you closer to the destination that the universe has in mind for you.

The life around you will never stop going on. I'll be honest and say that, that sometimes scares me, and it gives me anxiety because all I can think is "will I be able to keep up? What if everything goes too fast?" But I realised that being scared and living with that burden of running away from problems only slows me down even more. I've come to the point where I believe that because life never stops, I shouldn't either. It's okay to take breaks and to give yourself time to heal, but you cannot give up and you cannot quit. There is so much waiting for us to do and we simply can't give fear the satisfaction of winning when we can give success, growth, and accomplishment the same satisfaction, if not even more.

Please believe in yourself and encourage yourself instead of doubting yourself. Keep it positive, fill your heart with gratitude for what you already have, and always remain humble and true to who you are.

Because even if life is hella scary, not living it is scarier.

You Might Also Like

0 comments