A New Chapter: Starting University!

Tuesday, February 28, 2017



The time has finally come where I can officially say that I'm a university student. Wow that's so weird to say. 

I have spent the last week going from campus to campus trying to learn about the uni life but the fact that today is officially my first day of uni is both exciting and extremely terrifying. It is so weird to me that every time I meet someone new now I don't ask what high school they go to, but instead what degree they are doing, and for how long for. But I'm sure in a few weeks all the excitement around it will fade and I will go back to stressing about assignments and wanting holidays to come quicker. 

I must say though, so far I am loving the university life. Only having to go in a few days a week, and never having to wake up earlier due to my late classes is a lot better and easier than high school. I also love the vibe I am getting off uni, it seems so chill and everyone just seems to mind their own business and have fun. 

This past week I have met some incredible people and become really good friends with a lot of different people. I love meeting new people, it's one of my favourite things to do because I love surrounding myself with happy, positive people that have really good vibes about them and I was lucky enough to meet a lot of people in the last week that I think will by my side for the next 4 years of my degree. (If you would like me to make a post on how to make new friends let me know!) 

If you are just starting university as well or starting another chapter of your life I have some tips for you that I have learnt over the past couple of months and weeks.

1. Don't plan everything - sometimes you just have to let go and let the world take you to the places you belong and into the direction you are meant to travel in. 

2. Try not to hold onto the past - I know it can be easy to stay in your comfort zone and not make new experiences and friends but sometimes you just have to get a bit out of your comfort zone and let go of what you're used to. 

3. Never be afraid to start over - You won't go back to square one or rock bottom, you will just start on a new, clean slate and make even better memories and moments in this chapter. 

4. Re-connect with your vision and set some new goals - Write down some goals you would like to achieve in this new phase and get excited about the opportunity to start over. 

5. Explore your new surroundings and circumstances - Conduct your owns personal orientation before jumping in and forging associations, and committing to tasks. Sometimes you have to take on the role of an explorer and navigate your way through this unfamiliar ground. 

I hope this helps and I will talk to you guys later and keep you updated on how university life treats me! 

Stay lovely,
Mads xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments